Every trip is different, and packing for every trip requires a well curated approach. Regardless of where you are going, at the heart of every trip is a number of travel accessories items that you must bring along with to make your trip enjoyable.
Whether you are well traveled or a novice when it comes to travelling, there are some essential accessories that are a must for all when travelling.
Whether you are jet-setting or backpacking, travelling within your country or to another land, here are some of my must have travel accessories. Find below my list of the top 25 travel accessories every traveler will need to have a pleasant trip or vacation.
- A smartphone can be used in place of many individual travel accessories such as maps, GPS, camera, currency exchange converter, mirror, etc. Another important function it will serve is as a translation tool if language barrier is an issue. It is important to always have backup just in case.
- First aid kit loaded with the essentials items like: Band-Aids, bandage, antibiotics, bug spray, antihistamines and whatever else you might require.
- A Torch or Headlamp that is not only compact but also energy-efficient. Another plus will be if it uses LED technology.
- A portable solar power kit so you can charge your electronics anywhere.
- Waterproof bags/ Rain coat/ drybags to protect your important documents like passport and electronics. It comes in handy especially if you are traveling to raining or wet or snowy destinations..
- Travel adapter because socket configurations vary from region-to-region. You should consider an all-in-one unit that includes a power transformer. This will help protect your gadgets from damage if you (accidentally) use an incompatible voltage.
- Camera and memory cards to take amazing vacation photos and not run out of space.
- Sleeping kit with eyeshades, earplugs, socks, and a travel pillow. Some airlines will provide these items if you use air transport.
- Portable speakersthat work with your smartphone for an instant party. This is a good way to not only kill down time but also make new friends.
- Packing cubes to help you fit more items into a smaller space. It will also help in keeping separate dirty laundry from clean ones.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, and hats are things you should not forget, ever.
- A travel door alarm adds extra security to shared or unlocked rooms. Safety first should be one of your golden rules.
- Toiletry kit that has a hook so you can hang it off the door knob or shower rod.
- A survival whistle especially if you’re going far off the grid but also because there are perverts everywhere you go.
- Noise-cancelling headphones to block out the world when you need some alone time.
- Rain gear, including a cover for your pack.
- A portable electronics charger allows you to recharge multiple devices simultaneously while only using a single socket.
- A money belt to hide your cash, cards, and passport where it can’t be easily accessible by thieves or generally people with ill intentions.
- A digital luggage scale to weigh your bags before you get to the airport. If you have ever had to leave some of your precious stuff at the airport because of excess luggage, then you know why this is a must have travel accessory. A good one is the Tarriss Jetsetter Digital Luggage Scale
- Duct tapeis unexpectedly versatile. You’ll never know when you’ll need to bind something.
- A cooler bag pocket for carrying lunch or A day pack that does not take space in your luggage. You don’t have to carry your entire luggage everywhere unless you are backpacking.
- A laundry Line because clothes dry quicker if they’re hung on a line rather than draped over a bathroom rail. Find one with hooks at either end which holds clothes tight without pegging. If staying at a hostel or any other shared accommodation, it can also be used to create extra privacy.
- The Swiss Army knife is a complete toolkit in a pocket-size pack. If you leave it in your carry-on at the airport it will likely be confiscated by security.
- Superglue has a thousand unexpected uses. Trust me; you will use it at least once.
- Kindle or Reading Material because we should never stop reading and learning.
What are your essential travel accessories or items? Post a comment and share your tips below.
Also on Travelluggageandbackpacks.com